Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Book Review: I Lift Up My Soul


I lift Up My Soul by Dr. Charles Stanley is a nice little 365 day devotional.  I found that if I read it in the morning with my coffee, it provided a great start to my day and left my mind with some profound yet simple truths straight from the bible.  While there are no commitments necessary, I’ve certainly missed mornings of reading it, but picked up on later days and didn’t get that guilty feeling that I might get if I had missed a bible reading. 

The writing isn’t as easy reading as some other devotionals, but aren’t long and drawn out either.  The average reader will find that comprehension isn’t too difficult and will be able to get out of it what Dr. Stanley intended.  I’d recommend this devotional to adults, especially those familiar with Dr. Stanley’s work.  Of course, if you’re not particularly a devotional reader, it might take some getting used to, but can be a great tool in getting closer to God.


This is a book review for I Lift Up My Soul by Dr. Charles Stanley.  I received a copy of this book for free from Booksneeze.com and Thomas Nelson publishers and have no obligation by them to post a favorable review.

No comments:

Post a Comment