Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Book Review - Outlive Your Live by Max Lucado

You only get one, and yours is the only one like it.  At the end of your life, what will you have to show for it?  In Outlive Your Life, Lucado challenges us to step out from our comfortable shell of a life and live a lifestyle that will impact our world beyond what we could ever imagine.  He takes us through a tour of the book of Acts, giving examples in each chapter of another one of God’s faithful who lived in a way that changed the course of history, and calling us to do the same.


The overall message of the book is one that American Christians need to hear.  It resonated strongly in my heart, and challenged me to my core. Can I recognize the needs of others?  Do I act on them?  Do I have biases against certain groups of people?  At the same time, I felt both convicted and encouraged by the examples Max gives of real people who are making a difference.  My only criticism is that while Max’s story telling style works great for modern stories, it seemed to detract from the biblical accounts he recreated.  

I should received a copy of this book for free from Thomas Nelson through Booksneeze, and in no way was I asked or required to write a positive review.  It's all my opinion.
If you want to find out more about this book click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment